Our aim is to create a provision to support young adults with physical disabilities, learning difficulties or sensory impairment who have the potential to work in a paid capacity increasing their community engagement and independence.
Each Learner programme is bespoke centering around the needs of the individual with aims of advancing all aspects of life.
The programme is for learners who feel they are ready to step into the world of employment but require support to refine their skills when applying for jobs and practising for interviews whilst continuing to enhance their maths and English.
Learners attend weekly functional skills lessons in our 19+ learning environment to continue to work towards Maths and English qualifications at the appropriate level.
Alongside this learners focus on employability skills whilst completing work placements 3 days per week and receiving support from a work experience coordinator. Learners are assigned work placements to enhance their skill sets and help prepare for paid employment. These placements are ‘job matched’ in accordance with the skill sets and personal interests of each learner.
- That you will have an Education Health and Care Plan
- Be able to work at Entry level 1-2
- Excellent attendance and punctuality to both education days and work placements
- Independent travel around Folkestone and to your work placements once a safe route has been learned
- Excellent attitude and hard work in all areas of your timetable, maintaining a work placement for 3 days a week
- Safe behaviours and attitudes in all areas of your programme
Respectful approaches at all times
What We Expect From Learners
All learners who enrol on this programme do so with the expectations that they are independent travellers and are able to travel to their agreed placements and to the learning establishment.
Learners need to demonstrate good attendance and time keeping in all areas of their programme. Completing job applications and attending interviews are also essential aspects of this programme